8th Brokers Summit 2020, 10 – 11 March, Singapore
All IBAI Members,
The invitation from organisers of 8th Asis Insurance Brokers Summit to be held in Singapore on March 10 -11, 2020, as detailed below is forwarded herewith for information.
IBAI has accepted the offer to be Support Partners for this event. As a special justure our members have been offerred concessional rate of USD 750/- for participation in this two days event.
We recommend that as regional partners, members may support by participating in the this event.
8th Asia Insurance Brokers’ Summit
10-11 Mar 2020, Mandarin Orchard Hotel, Singapore
Theme: “A Perfect Vision for Brokers: Driving Business in the Data Tech Era”
Brokers have been playing a key role in the insurance value chain since time in memorial though at times unappreciated. In this digital era with InsurTech and the various modes of online distributions, brokers seems further challenged. Some have been talking of disintermediation for almost 30 years now. The time has come in 2020 with a Perfect Vision for Brokers to stand up to the challenge to re-asset their vital role in the insurance value chain to even show how brokers are actually driving the insurance business.
This is a reality check and not a Pollyanna pipe dream. Hence at this 8th Asia Insurance Brokers Summit we shall embrace this theme and look at the basic strategic core value that brokers bring to the whole value chain: helping to identify the risks; getting the risks assessed; looking at risk management perspectives; searching covers for these risks and getting insurers to think of new products and services to meet these needs and lastly to make sure the price is affordable.Brokers are ready to embrace technology and its tools such as AI, IoT, data and analytics and automation to drive business efficiencies. They are ready to redefining traditional broking business process to go beyond just price. Tech also allows brokers to better understand customer behaviour, establish a clear view of their risk profiles and deliver a personalised experience.
So the time is ripe now for Brokers to stand tall and assert their true value in insurance even as they fight to retain dominance in the distribution. Go beyond analogue mode, cut through the InsurTech hype to be the best you can be. It is not just about the day to day to challenge of rising customer demands, pressure on commissions, competition as reinsurers entering the market directly, skills gap and legacy processes. This is the vision the 8th Brokers Summit offers.
A brave new Smart Broker with a leadership role and meat in the business and ready to work with insurers as partners beyond just commissions. This is the critical moment: Brokers have a choice – to be disrupted or be the disruptor.
- Broker Keynote Address: How Can Brokers Be a Driver in the Business?
- Insurer Keynote Address: What Must a Broker Bring to Table as a Partner?
- Special Address: Impact of Global Recession on Insurance
- Special Address: The Global Risk Report 2020
- Reality of Brokers in the Insurance Value Chain
- How Do Brokers Stay Relevant? – Know your Value Proposition and Be Nimble!
- Preparing for the Hard Market
- Independent MGAs: The Future of Underwriting?
- M&A – Getting Super-Sized for Survival
- Brokers as Strategic Risk Management Partner: Loss Prevention and Loss Control
- Global Employee Benefits Trend
- Brokers Networks – Will it Finally take off in Asia?
- The Day of the High Street Broker
- Dealing with the War of Talent
- Special Address: The Digital Future for Brokers – Adapt and Thrive
- Special Address: Burying the Threat of Dis-intermediation in the Digital Era
- What Can Brokers and InsurTech learn from each other?
- Escaping Legacy System – Removing a Major Roadblock to a Digital Future
- Aggregators: Friends of Brokers of Foes?
- Becoming a Digital Brokers Today
- Driving Innovation – How a Traditional Industry is Innovating with New Technology
Cyber Risk to Cyber Resilience
- State of the Cyber Insurance Market— Top Trends and Challenges
- Calculating the Cost of Cyber Risk
Brokers on the SME front
- Advising SMEs
- The Real Opportunities for Brokers in the SME Market
- Importance of Brokers as Trusted Advisors for SMEs
Special Focus on Climate Change
- Climate Change – what are the key issues for insurance brokers?
- Tech to Help Brokers Assess Climate Change Risks
Dialogue Panel Insurers and CEOs: Reality Check on State of Insurance today
– What Keeps Brokers Up at Night?
– What keeps insurers awake at night?
– What constructive collaborative roles can brokers and insurers play?
– Who drives the cycle?
– How to keep the business sustainable
– Top risks to watch; IoT, climate change, driverless cars, political climate and trade wars
Dialogue Panel: Brokers and Risk Managers
– Understanding the world of risk management and risk managers
– What more could brokers do for risk managers?
– Are risk managers coming of age?
– Are brokers geared up
Leadership Panel on Championing Change
Panel: Is the Industry Embracing Diversity and Inclusion Enough?
– Attract a diverse workforce in broking
– Strategy to achieve gender equality
– Managing multi-generational workforce
– The war between Big and Small Brokers
Panel on Brokers’ Association & Professional Bodies
- What are they doing for big and small brokers
We look forward working with you on this again. I wish you the very best for the holiday season and hope you will get the chance to have a nice break.