IBAI- EGM to be held on Thursday April 5, 2018 in Mumbai
Notice is hereby given that the Extra-Ordinary General Meeting of the Members of INSURANCE BROKERS ASSOCIATION OF INDIA will be held at Walchand Hirachand Hall, 4th Floor, IMC Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Churchgate, Mumbai – 400 020 on Thursday, the 05th April 2018 at 03:00 P.M. to transact the following business:
To consider and if thought fit, to pass, with or without modification(s), the following resolution as a Special Resolution:
“RESOLVED THAT pursuant to the provisions of Section 14 and other applicable provisions, if any, of the Companies Act, 2013, the new set of Articles of Association of the Company as per the draft circulated to the Members along with the Notice of this meeting, be and is hereby approved and adopted in total exclusion and substitution of the existing Articles of Association of the Company with immediate effect.”
“RESOLVED FURTHER THAT any Director and Mr. Sandeep Parekh, Company Secretary of the Company, be and are hereby authorized, jointly and/or severally, as the case may be, to undertake all such acts, deeds, matters and things, as they may in their absolute discretion deem necessary, proper or desirable, including any amendment or modification to the proposed Articles of Association as per the recommendation/direction of the applicable Regulatory Authorities and settle any question, difficulty or doubt that may arise in this regard, including but not limited to meeting requisite flings with the Registrar of Companies that may be required to give effect to the alteration of the Articles of Association in accordance with this resolution.”
“RESOLVED FURTHER THAT the Board of Directors be and is hereby authorized to do all such acts, deeds, matters and things as may be considered necessary, desirable and expedient for giving effect to this resolution, for obtaining approval(s) of all applicable authorities and/or otherwise considered by them in the best interest of the Company.”
Date: 09th March 2018
Director & Hon. Secretary DIN: 00338277
- A MEMBER ENTITLED TO ATTEND AND VOTE AT THE MEETING IS ENTITLED TO APPOINT A PROXY TO ATTEND THE MEETING AND VOTE ON A POLL INSTEAD OF HIMSELF. A PROXY NEED NOT BE A MEMBER OF THE COMPANY.
- Proxies in order to be valid must be deposited at the Registered Office of the Company at least forty-eight hours before the meeting.
- Member/Proxy attending the Meeting must fill-in the Attendance Slip sent herewith to attend the Meeting.
- The Explanatory Statement pursuant to Section 102 of the Companies Act, 2013 is appended hereto.
- Members in person, Legal Heirs and Proxy holders may please carry Photo ID Card for identification/verification purpose.
- Members desirous of obtaining any information concerning alteration of Articles of Association of the Company are requested to send their queriesto the registered office of the Company at least seven days before the dateof the EGM. In case of receipt of query at any time less than seven daysbefore the EGM, such query will not be answered at the EGM but will be dealt with separately by the Company.
- In case of Members being bodies corporate, such Members are required to attach Certified True Copy of the Resolution passed by their Board of Directors for appointment of Authorized Representative under Section 113 of the Companies Act, 2013 along with Attendance Slip or the Proxy Form.
- Members are requested to notify the Company about their change of address, if any.