IBAI- EGM to be held on Thursday April 5, 2018 in Mumbai March 10, 2018
Notice is hereby given that the Extra-Ordinary General Meeting of the Members of INSURANCE BROKERS ASSOCIATION OF INDIA will be held at Walchand Hirachand Hall, 4th Floor, IMC Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Churchgate, Mumbai – 400 020 on Thursday, the 05th April 2018 at 03:00 P.M. to transact the following business:
To consider and if thought fit, to pass, with or without modification(s), the following resolution as a Special Resolution:
“RESOLVED THAT pursuant to the provisions of Section 14 and other applicable provisions, if any, of the Companies Act, 2013, the new set of Articles of Association of the Company as per the draft circulated to the Members along with the Notice of this meeting, be and is hereby approved and adopted in total exclusion and substitution of the existing Articles of Association of the Company with immediate effect.”
“RESOLVED FURTHER THAT any Director and Mr. Sandeep Parekh, Company Secretary of the Company, be and are hereby authorized, jointly and/or severally, as the case may be, to undertake all such acts, deeds, matters and things, as they may in their absolute discretion deem necessary, proper or desirable, including any amendment or modification to the proposed Articles of Association as per the recommendation/direction of the applicable Regulatory Authorities and settle any question, difficulty or doubt that may arise in this regard, including but not limited to meeting requisite flings with the Registrar of Companies that may be required to give effect to the alteration of the Articles of Association in accordance with this resolution.”
“RESOLVED FURTHER THAT the Board of Directors be and is hereby authorized to do all such acts, deeds, matters and things as may be considered necessary, desirable and expedient for giving effect to this resolution, for obtaining approval(s) of all applicable authorities and/or otherwise considered by them in the best interest of the Company.”
Date: 09th March 2018By Order of the Board of Directors For INSURANCE BROKERS ASSOCIATION OF INDIA
Director & Hon. Secretary DIN: 00338277
- A MEMBER ENTITLED TO ATTEND AND VOTE AT THE MEETING IS ENTITLED TO APPOINT A PROXY TO ATTEND THE MEETING AND VOTE ON A POLL INSTEAD OF HIMSELF. A PROXY NEED NOT BE A MEMBER OF THE COMPANY.
- Proxies in order to be valid must be deposited at the Registered Office of the Company at least forty-eight hours before the meeting.
- Member/Proxy attending the Meeting must fill-in the Attendance Slip sent herewith to attend the Meeting.
- The Explanatory Statement pursuant to Section 102 of the Companies Act, 2013 is appended hereto.
- Members in person, Legal Heirs and Proxy holders may please carry Photo ID Card for identification/verification purpose.
- Members desirous of obtaining any information concerning alteration of Articles of Association of the Company are requested to send their queriesto the registered office of the Company at least seven days before the dateof the EGM. In case of receipt of query at any time less than seven daysbefore the EGM, such query will not be answered at the EGM but will be dealt with separately by the Company.
- In case of Members being bodies corporate, such Members are required to attach Certified True Copy of the Resolution passed by their Board of Directors for appointment of Authorized Representative under Section 113 of the Companies Act, 2013 along with Attendance Slip or the Proxy Form.
- Members are requested to notify the Company about their change of address, if any.
Presentation on Brokers Regulations 2018 March 3, 2018A
IRDAI (Insurance Brokers) Regulations2018
New Delhi/Kolkatta /Mumbai/Chennai
Insurance Brokers Association of India
Online Renewal Training for Broker Members January 30, 2018
All Broker Members.
We are pleased to inform that the IBAI – Online Renewal Training for Broker Members was inaugurated by Shri T.S Vijayan, Chairman IRDAI, at the XIV Brokers Summit held at Taj Krishna, Hyderabad on January 24, 2018.
With this, a new chapter has been added with IBAI starting ‘online training for Broker Members’ for renewal of broker licence of members.
The fee payable for the online training programme is kept at Rs. 2,000/- only plus GST, per candidate.
Broker Members are kindly requested to register their names for the online renewal training through the training link provided for online brokers training on the home page of IBAI website.
We suggest all the members to opt for Renewal training facility established by IBAI for imparting quality training for the benefit of Member Brokers and for success of this initiative.
we trust that all broker members would support this initiative taken by the Association
Board of Directors of
Insurance Brokers Association of India
Insurance Brokers Regulations 2018 January 30, 2018
Location of New Office November 6, 2017
We are pleased to inform that for the first time IBAI will be moving to an independent office at a new location from November 6, 2017.
Location of New Office is at:
A –Z Industrial Premises,
1st Floor, Unit no. 165,
G.K. Marg. Lower Parel,
Mumbai – 400 013.
During the shifting process, there will be temporary restricted service available to IBAI members for a couple of days.
There will be telephone call transfer facility available from existing number for some time till we get a new Number (which will be intimated in due course) and you may continue to contact us on existing telephone number 22846544. The email id’s email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org and cell no. 9820045606, will continue to remain the same.
We will strive for providing the excellent service and look forward to your continued support..